Senior Scorpion Spotlight 5: Jaime Wu

Senior Jaime Wu is graduating with the class of 2019.

Senior Jaime Wu is setting sail for the University of California, Santa Barbra (UCSB) at the end of the year, and she has a few things to say about her experience at Cam High.

Wu competed on the varsity teams for both tennis and swim for all four years of her schooling. “High school athletics made my love for both tennis and swim grow because of the team atmosphere. I cherish so many memories I made in both sports,” said Wu.

“Her dedication to tennis and to the community through service is incredible,” said tennis teammate and sophomore Talia Lieb, who played with Wu for two years. “She has inspired me as an individual and inspired me to always work hard at everything I do in and out of school,” said Lieb.

Wu has been involved at Cam High through clubs such as California Scholarship Federation (CSF) and National Honors Society (NHS).

Wu was also involved in KIWIN’S, where she was an officer and the awards and recognition chair — which entailed preparing awards for Kiwanis members of a district that included California, Nevada, and Hawaii.

Wu advises both upperclassman and incoming freshmen to Cam High to “Be involved. Join a club, take on a leadership position. It might be intimidating at first, but you won’t regret it. I met the most people and had more rewarding experiences once I put myself out there; just give it a chance.”

“I really enjoyed my high school experience,” said Wu, “My freshman orientation tour guide was not wrong when she said high school would go by in the blink of an eye.”