Maybe its only zero period?

happy April fools day!

happy April fools day!

It was announced to Cam High staff early this morning that mandatory zero period classes will be introduced into the school day for the 2019-20 school year.

“Its all part of fitting more classes into the day” says Ms. Fran Zinkman, a zero period teacher here at Cam High. “We all knew we would be getting a different schedule, we just didn’t know what kind of schedule we were getting until now”. Other staff have also voiced their disapproval on the subject. Mr. Marco Pennival, a supervisor, says that “Its completely unfair to the students who didn’t want a seventh class and to teachers and coaches who already have a packed day without having to add another full class to their schedules”.

Office staff say that they went through many different types of schedules and this was what they thought was the best choice for everyone involved.

With the addition of the new classes school would start at seven and end at three like normal. And while it is something a lot of students do, its not always an option for everybody. Students are taking this news hard. Sophomore, James Gwarent says that “zero periods aren’t for everyone. if every student wanted to take one, they would, but a lot of people have before school commitments. Adding a seventh class to already busy schedules will just add more stress to everyday life and end up not benefitting people after all”.

Studies have shown that the brain does not even wake up and start to process the information its fed until eight in the morning. Knowing this knowledge, as many educators do, it opens up a new question, why was this the best choice for the staff and student body?

That question was asked to office aid Makenna Kooney, who replied, “Im not exactly sure on the motives for the administrations decision” says Kooney. “But I do know that they have everyones, especially the students, best interests at heart, and they wouldn’t make this choice if they thought it would impact the school negatively”.

The administrators faced with this choice made the decision to not comment or be named, for security reasons, until the news of this schedule goes completely public, saying “We’d all rather not expose too much of the story before it’s ready to come out. But everyone will know the entire story shortly, they just have to wait for us to tell our side”.

This story was written as a part of The Stinger’s April Fools edition. Names, characters, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. No animals were harmed in the making of this story.