School Campus Switch

Happy April Fools Day!

Happy April Fools Day!

With the upcoming 2019-20 school year, Cam High is implementing many changes to our school protocol. Among these new changes is the shift from our current school campus to the open campus that currently houses the Channel Islands Art Studios. The Studios were formerly the home of Los Primeros School of Sciences and Arts, which has moved out and left a vacant campus.

With careful consideration by the city and school board, Cam High’s campus switch is confirmed for next year. As a result, the campus is more accessible to many students with the new centralized location. Bus rides will be cut down, hence saving gas and funds for the school.

Many students are both for and against this switch in campuses. Kayli Hobbs, a sophomore at Cam High, protests against the move. “I’m very familiarized with this current campus and I’d hate to leave it!” she says. “It will be difficult for students, and many parents must accommodate new routes to school. It will especially be hard for people like me, who have siblings that attend other schools in Camarillo. Routes have to be arranged, shared, and more. It’s just not a convenient option. Plus, I love the campus that we have now. I don’t understand why we’d change it!”

Corey Johnston, a junior at Cam High, has stated that doesn’t really mind the switch. “Schools have done it before, so I don’t see why our school can’t either. I’m sure that students will adjust, and that the transition will be smooth. The new campus might even prove fun for students; new places are always interesting. I don’t understand why the change would be so negative. I know that my education, peers, and pretty much all else will stay the same. So why not?”

Our current campus will undertake new renovations to accommodate artists whose studios originally were located in the Channel Islands Art Center. The campus may even be used as a teacher training site, separate summer school program, or testing site. The future uses for our current campus are unclear, but Camarillo’s government assures that there will be a new beneficial use for the campus. However, there is one thing that’s certain! You were April Fooled. Happy April Fool’s Day!

This story was written as a part of The Stinger’s April Fools edition. Names, characters, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. No animals were harmed in the making of this story.