Class of 2019’s Grad Night at Disneyland Park

Seniors+will+be+able+to+go+to+Disney+California+Adventure+and+Disneys+Magical+Park+as+part+of+Grad+Night.+

Disney

Seniors will be able to go to Disney California Adventure and Disney’s Magical Park as part of Grad Night.

Cam High’s Grad Night for seniors at Anaheim’s Disneyland Park will take place on Fri. May 31; the students will leave the school at 10:00 A.M. and stay at the park until 2:00 A.M.

Last year, the tickets were $170; however, the prices of the charter buses used for transportation increased, resulting in the prices for Grad Night also increasing. This year’s tickets start at a price of $178.97 due to the cost of the amusement park ticket, which can range from about $97-$135, and the rental buses that seniors are required to take to the amusement park. There will be about seven buses transporting the students to and from the park.

“It costs $178.97 exactly [per student], which is why it is $180 dollars. That includes the ticket price and exactly what it costs to rent a charter bus divided by 400 people and the cost for each bus gives you a price for each seat,” said Ms. Lori Pristera, Cam High English and ASB teacher who organizes Grad Night each year.

Students are free to explore Disney’s Magic Kingdom until it closes at 9:00 P.M. and then they will make their way to Disney’s California Adventure Park until they depart at 2:00 A.M.

“I haven’t been there since I was seven so it’s going to be exciting to see all the changes there are now,” said senior, Weda Latif.

Although students are primarily on their own, there will be 20 chaperones, including parents and teachers that Pristera chooses for the event. Cam High’s Special Education Department (SPED) staff will receive first priority with about 5-6 chaperones and the remainder will be students’ parents and teachers.

In order to purchase tickets, students must have their senior contract on file, sign the permission slip, and pay any fees with the bookkeeper or library. Only 400 tickets, are available for purchase. ”It sucks that tickets cost so much but I’m super excited to go to Disneyland with all my friends,” said senior, Victoria Lee.

Attendance to Grad Night in past years has been high; however, last year only 385 students attended, which is one of the lowest attendances to date.

Late purchases will be sold starting March 11 for $190 until March 22, and then sold for $200 starting March 25-April 5. The extra money from the late purchases are used for deposits on rentals for charter buses in the future. Tickets will be sold until Friday April 5, at the ASB Bookkeeper.