55 Students to Travel Abroad During Spring Break

Clear+Glass+at+The+Lourve+in+Paris%2C+France.+The+students+will+visit+the+Louvre+on+the+EF+trip.+

Clear Glass at The Lourve in Paris, France. The students will visit the Louvre on the EF trip.

Pexels

Pexels

Pexels

Molly Honnef, Staff Writer

During the 2019 spring break, around 55 students, teacher advisers, and parent chaperones from Cam High and Pacifica High School are participating in an Educational First (EF) trip to Paris, Rome, and surrounding cities.

EF trips take groups of students on international tours, with every detail of the trip planned by the organization. The organization aspires to teach students through experiences. Previous EF trips involving Cam High students have brought students to countries such as England, Wales, Spain, Portugal, Italy, and France.

“I can’t wait to go back again,” said Ms. Tawney Safran, worldwide traveler and AP European history teacher at Cam High. Safran, who has been on six EF trips before, will be co-chaperoning with Ms. Jessika Unterberger, a teacher at Pacifica High School. Safran said she looks forward to visiting the Palace of Versailles and the Vatican, enjoying a variety of foods abroad, and seeing her students get excited about what they are studying in history.

In France, the group will tour the Louvre, which is home to Leonardo da Vinci’s Mona Lisa, and the famous Notre Dame Cathedral. The group will also visit the Eiffel Tower and a perfume factory in the French Riviera. After, the group will travel to Florence, Italy to visit the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Sistine Chapel, and the Colosseum.

Isabella Pozzi, sophomore and one of Safran’s European history students, said she signed up to learn more about Europe and to visit France for the first time. Junior, Phoebe Doroteo said, “I really want to travel the world.” Doroteo is excited to explore Europe with her closest friends.

Pozzi believes the trip will help the students on the AP European test this May since the trip provides an opportunity for students to be immersed in the history they are learning about in school.

The parents, students, and teachers will be leaving on Saturday, April 13 for Paris, France from the Los Angeles Airport.

Molly Honnef, Staff Writer

Hi! I'm Molly, and this is my first year writing for The Stinger. I am a junior, and I play varsity tennis for Cam High. I also love volunteering through...

1 Comment

One Response to “55 Students to Travel Abroad During Spring Break”

1. Tawney Safran on March 4th, 2019 6:25 am

Great article! Thanks for taking the time to recognize the students and their philosophy on life…a.k.a. their love of travel.

• 55 Students to Travel Abroad During Spring Break

Events

BTS and the Expanding World of K-Pop

Events

Class of 2019’s Grad Night at Disneyland Park

Events

Cam High’s Unified Sports Team Plays Simi Valley

Events

Harlem Wizards: Scoring Money for the Senior Class

Events

Cam High’s Art Department Hosts “A Work in Progress” at the Camarillo Art Center

Events

The Graph Dance: Adding Fun to Math

Events

A Snow Day at Cam High

Events

A Tour of Gemini Street

Events

Cam High’s Winter Wonderland

Events

Pepperdine University’s Course on Motor Learning and Development