Jung’s Surprise Party

Over 40 past and present students of Mrs. Doris Jung organized a secret surprise party for her retirement.

The idea for the party originated from Mrs. Mamerta Santiago, former math teacher, and  Trevor Rush, junior and student of Jung for one and a half years. The idea for the party began as a way to commemorate her career at Cam High and show her how she has affected the lives ofall  her students.

“In the few years that I’ve known her, she’s made me feel like part of her family. She definitely deserved something for all the effort she’s put into teaching for the past thirty years,” said Rush.

Rush told the idea to Shivani Govil, sophomore, and Ami Hayashi, junior, who took it upon themselves to plan the event; using Facebook as a way to keep people up to date. They planned for the party to take place during 4th period and lunch on June 4 in the classroom of Mrs. Irina Kennedy, math teacher and friend of Jung.

Due to the celebration being organized over a month before it occurred, many students were able to come together and give Jung a party complete with homemade food, cards signed by her students and even a gift card to The Cheesecake Factory.

“I was very surprised and it was very nice to see everybody there. I’m going to miss the students and the teachers but not grading papers!” said Jung.

Daniel Boutell