Fast Track to Learning

Mr. Samuel Pinuelas is a Geometry and Algebra teacher at Cam High with a rough past that has given him a reason to teach and inspire.

Pinuelas knew that ever since college, he would combine his love for mathematics and his love for running to become a high school math teacher and a long-distance track coach. He has been teaching for 25 years and he has been a math teacher at Cam High since 1992.

Pinuelas’ journey to becoming a teacher was rough. “In high school I really wanted to go to college and get educated. Where I come from, a lot of kids don’t go to college — it was just something I really focused on and something that I didn’t let get in my way. I come from an area where there was a lot of stress on education.”

Pinuelas said he feels a presence of positive energy from his students.”The kids are great, they are always laughing — most kids are very enthusiastic with learning. They want to do something new, so for me that’s fun.”

In his past-time, Pinuelas loves to work out, ride bikes and run, among other things. “I’ve been riding bikes, and I still ride a lot. I have plenty of bikes in my house.”

As a teacher, Pinuelas believes in encouraging his students. “Keep trying, don’t give up and keep working hard because at some point you are going to have to be ready when an opportunity comes around. You may not get it every time, but at some point when you get that opportunity, you have to be ready when it comes.”

1 Comment

One Response to “Fast Track to Learning”

1. ANTONIO F MENDOZA on January 18th, 2019 7:29 am

I know that I’m probably a day late and a dollar short, but Mr. Piñuelas was my High School Algebra Teacher back when he was a teacher at Canoga Park High School, Red Sand T-Shirts and rolled up jeans I remember he drove a little Chevy Luv pick up. In any event, he’s one of the teachers that stood out for me, a good teacher and always willing to dedicate that extra time to you if you didn’t get it. He was easy to talk to and he got it, you know for the time that when I was growing up and teachers were better at teaching with an iron fist, he didn’t I’m glad to see he’s still at it and helping out others.

• Fast Track to Learning

Events

Cam High’s Unified Sports Team Plays Simi Valley

• Fast Track to Learning

Features

Prague: the Puppy’s Guide to Cam High

• Fast Track to Learning

Events

Harlem Wizards: Scoring Money for the Senior Class

• Fast Track to Learning

Features

Scorps Spotlight 30: Mr. Jesus Cervantes

• Fast Track to Learning

Clubs & Programs

Changes are Coming to Cam High’s Yearbook

• Fast Track to Learning

Events

Cam High’s Art Department Hosts “A Work in Progress” at the Camarillo Art Center

• Fast Track to Learning

Features

Scorp Spotlight 29: Jaime Jaquez Jr.

• Fast Track to Learning

Events

The Graph Dance: Adding Fun to Math

• Fast Track to Learning

Features

Remembering Victor Gonzalez Jr.

• Fast Track to Learning

Clubs & Programs

New Additions to Cam High’s Agricultural Program

Fast Track to Learning