Fast Track to Learning

Mr. Samuel Pinuelas is a Geometry and Algebra teacher at Cam High with a rough past that has given him a reason to teach and inspire.

Pinuelas knew that ever since college, he would combine his love for mathematics and his love for running to become a high school math teacher and a long-distance track coach. He has been teaching for 25 years and he has been a math teacher at Cam High since 1992.

Pinuelas’ journey to becoming a teacher was rough. “In high school I really wanted to go to college and get educated. Where I come from, a lot of kids don’t go to college — it was just something I really focused on and something that I didn’t let get in my way. I come from an area where there was a lot of stress on education.”

Pinuelas said he feels a presence of positive energy from his students.”The kids are great, they are always laughing — most kids are very enthusiastic with learning. They want to do something new, so for me that’s fun.”

In his past-time, Pinuelas loves to work out, ride bikes and run, among other things. “I’ve been riding bikes, and I still ride a lot. I have plenty of bikes in my house.”

As a teacher, Pinuelas believes in encouraging his students. “Keep trying, don’t give up and keep working hard because at some point you are going to have to be ready when an opportunity comes around. You may not get it every time, but at some point when you get that opportunity, you have to be ready when it comes.”

1 Comment

One Response to “Fast Track to Learning”

1. ANTONIO F MENDOZA on January 18th, 2019 7:29 am

I know that I’m probably a day late and a dollar short, but Mr. Piñuelas was my High School Algebra Teacher back when he was a teacher at Canoga Park High School, Red Sand T-Shirts and rolled up jeans I remember he drove a little Chevy Luv pick up. In any event, he’s one of the teachers that stood out for me, a good teacher and always willing to dedicate that extra time to you if you didn’t get it. He was easy to talk to and he got it, you know for the time that when I was growing up and teachers were better at teaching with an iron fist, he didn’t I’m glad to see he’s still at it and helping out others.

• Features

Senior Scorpions #1: Jonny Samaan

• Fast Track to Learning

Clubs & Programs

Cam High to Introduce New Harry Potter Class Next Year

• Fast Track to Learning

Clubs & Programs

Read Into Library Science

• Fast Track to Learning

Clubs & Programs

A Fair Opportunity to Find Your Future Career

• Fast Track to Learning

Clubs & Programs

Seeking Emotional Support Through the School System

• Fast Track to Learning

Events

Cam High’s Health Fair: Promoting a Happy, Healthy Lifestyle

• Fast Track to Learning

Features

Valuing Cam High’s Top Student-Athletes

• Fast Track to Learning

Clubs & Programs

Cam High’s Concert Band Attends the 7th Annual Sonoma Invitational Wind and Orchestra Festival

• Fast Track to Learning

Clubs & Programs

Closing the GAPP Between Cultures

• Fast Track to Learning

Events

BTS and the Expanding World of K-Pop

Fast Track to Learning